Thursday, June 23, 2011

Day 51- Los Amigos Cocina

I'm getting tired of this "quest" bullshit. As my options dwindle, I try to plan ahead. But between Google effing me in the A and the taco shops closing early it's becoming a grind.

Tonight I was doing Feraz Ozel's comedy show in Point Loma, so I did a Google search and came up with 2 taco shops in the area. After the show- which was awesome- I found that one of the taco shops didn't exist, and the other was closed. A third that I happened to drive past was also closed. At 10 on a Thursday??? What the eff? Heading towards Hillcrest/North Park I passed yet another shop that was closed. Don't pussy out on me now, San Diego.
I finally found a place in North Park called Los Amigos Cocina. It is literally a hole in the wall. There's room for 2 people to stand inside and place an order, and they have a grill on the sidewalk to give them more space.I give them huge points for saving me from a frustrating evening of searching, and their California burrito is really good, the carne asada is excellent- but they use diced potato instead of fries. To be fair, it's definitely the best non-fry potato of all the taco shops (I'm sure their breakfast burrito is fucking killer) but still... it's not fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment