Friday, June 3, 2011

Day 31- MXN

Today was a close call. I worked all day, then had to cruise straight to OBC for open mic, as well as recording the set for awesome headliner Jiavani Linayao. She killed, by the way. After that, Jia and I met up with hilarious local comics Christian Spicer (and his super cool wife Amanda) and Sam Wiles (how's that for name-dropping, bitches?) to go see X-Men: First Class. Really, redally, just a bad movie. It wasn't outright horrible but it fell so short of it's potential that it seems worse than it really is.

In hindsight I should've known that such a bad movie is a harbinger of a bad California burrito. I went to MXN, which I was dubious of in the first place since it's a chain. But enough people had recommended it to me to give it a shot. More importantly it was open at 1:30 AM and on my way home. I dig the novelty of the serving basket they use since the drive through is on the wrong side of the car.

The first two bites were all tortilla. Barely any filling in this Cali burrito. What the eff? Plus they served it with only salsa- no guac or sour. That immediately moves it to near the bottom of my list.

So to recap- not much substance, lack of key ingredients, and questionable quality on the ingredients that WERE there. Pretty weak overall, and in retrospect a perfect companion to X-Men: First Class.

No comments:

Post a Comment