Sunday, June 12, 2011

Day 40- Mauricio's

I feel like I'm starting to run out of new spots to try. I know there's plenty out there, I just need people to tell me about them.

Today I went to one literally a block away from my place; I had never even noticed it until Rajan pointed it out to me yesterday. The fact that it had eluded my attention for so long kind of worried me, as did the menu items they chose to list on the front window. Not only do they serve cheeseburgers, they also have pancakes. And they are apparently so proud of both of those items that they felt compelled to give them prime advertising space. Zoinks.Their California burrito was better that their curious menu had led me to expect. It was by no means great, but it was good enough. The carne asada is a little suspect, and they use potato wedges instead of fries, but the potato wedges are damn good. They also use pico and sour. If you're going to skip one of the 3 variables, guac is the one. Good call, Mauricio.

No comments:

Post a Comment