Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 36- Ray's

The first rule of B90X is... you do NOT commit to 90 days of California burritos. Fuck me, what the hell was i thinking?

I was running behind schedule today, which has been my SOP of late, so I asked the barista at Twigg's coffee shop if there was a good taco shop nearby. He suggested Ray's, which was conveniently on my way home. His friends love it.

I dropped in for my daily treat and it seemed like a good spot. Nice place, not too fancy, and fast service. But once I got the burrito I was in for a surprise. It tasted fine- other than their use of potato wedges instead of fries- but it was just so... gooey? It lacked structural integrity of most other California burritos I have had so far. It was so soupy, it was almost as if they had poured some carne asada stew into a tortilla and wrapped it up. Tasty, sure, but hella difficult to eat.

If you combined the oozing filling of this Cali burrito with the delicately flimsy tortilla from the Miramar landfill roach coach, you'd probably get a California burrito smoothie.

No comments:

Post a Comment