Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day 50- Jorge's

Back in North County getting my tattoo finished, I spotted a taco shop in the strip mall by Rite-Aid. California burrito from Jorge's for dinner around 5PM.

Maybe I'm becoming too much of a Cali burrito snob, but their attempt at the classic was utterly forgettable. The carne asada was kind of dry, the sour cream a bit heavy, no pico or guac, and they used potatoes instead of fries. Now granted, a bad California burrito is still better than 90% of food out there, but there's a standard to uphold. We have to protect the integrity of the California burrito.

In retrospect, I should have known this one would be bad. It was in a strip mall, next to a Subway for fuck's sake. You don't get anything good form a strip mall, let alone Mexican food. Even the drug dealers who hang out in front of strip malls have shitty drugs. What the hell am I going to do with No-Doze and Maximum Strength Excedrin?

No comments:

Post a Comment