Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day 44- La Fuente

Damn, San Diego has a LOT of good taco shops. I think the good California burritos I've had far outweigh the bad ones. And a shitload of them have been REALLY good. Like tonight's.

I had just come from dinner with my folks at Cheesecake Factory, where I did my best to not eat so much that I wouldn't have room for my nightly treat. I knew there was a shop on University in Hillcrest called Mama Testa, so that was going to be my pick for the evening. But along the way I spotted La Fuente, and opted to give it a shot.
A quaint (if I were less secure in my sexuality I might hesitate to use that word) little shop that looks like it was plucked off the streets of TJ and dropped into Hillcrest, La Fuente is good shit. My burrito was literally ready in 2 minutes, and the cook was on the phone the entire time that he worked on my order. Well done, sir! The California burrito here is fantastic. Great carne asada, great fries, pico, and the guac is so good you barely notice there's no sour cream. Right across the street from the incredibly underwhelming Lalo's, if you're in the area definitely check this one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment