Sunday, June 5, 2011

33- Taco Fiesta

I am determined to end this slump I'm in. 2 bad California burritos in a row, this can't continue. Today's pick was Taco Fiesta, not only because it was recommended to me by 3 San Diego comics: first Dirtfoot, followed by Matt Zint and Nic Flair, but also because it has "fiesta" right in the name. It happens to be located right across the street from another place on my list- Sombrero. Looks like I may be back here tomorrow.
Dirtfoot actually met me there for today's dinner. I ordered my California burrito, hoping that these comics were right, and it was ready in less than 2 minutes. I know fast speed of service generally equates to quality, but it's got to be some sort of bell curve; there's certainly a point where it's made so quickly that it's going to suck.

Luckily that wasn't the case today. Taco Fiesta has a kick-ass California burrito. I can't top-10 this one though. Excellent carne asada, crispy fries, good amount of cheese, but they follow a pattern that I've been experiencing with alarming regularity: pico only, no guac or sour. I think it could be a conspiracy. And if it is, legendary San Diego comic and Comedy Store regular Bob Hansen will surely have the scoop on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment