Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Day 35- Sombrerro's

For today's burrito, I headed to the Sombrero's that I had passed a couple days ago on my way to Taco Fiesta. Someone (I can't remember who) had recommended to me the Sombrero's by Sports Arena, but as yesterdays unintentional repeat has shown, chain restaurants- even small ones- will have consistency.

I ordered form the drive through, and to their credit this is the only place so far that asked if I wanted sour cream or guac added to my California burrito. Hell yes I'll take sour cream, thank you very much.

I appreciated the ability to make it to my taste, but unfortunately it was a bland burrito. It tastes like what I imagine a McDonald's California burrito would taste like. Nothing too exciting, just sort of... food. And in retrospect I suppose the fact that they asked if I wanted sour or guac should have tipped me off; that's probably the taco shop version of "You want fries with that?" which is the hallmark of average fast food.

No comments:

Post a Comment