Friday, July 8, 2011

Day 66- La Loma Bonita

Great night of comedy at Winston's, now to follow it up with a delicious California burrito. I decided to check out a spot I saw on my way to the Nug Life radio podcast last night ( The guys there run a great show, you need to check it out if you haven't already.

The taco shop du jour was La Loma Bonita, an unassuming little place, gaudily decorated, right next to a pizza joint. They serve their Cali burrito loaded, and it's not bad. The carne asada is really good. My biggest complaint is the separation of ingredients. It's definitely noticeable, because after handing it to me- basically right off the grill- one side of it was cold from the amount of guac and sour they poured in.

Not the worst way to serve a California burrito. Other than that, it was probably about average. Maybe a little better. But let's be honest- even an average California burrito is better than 89% of food out there. I'm not sure what the other 11% is, but I know chocolate chip cookies and Orange Julius are in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment