Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Day 63- Gualberto's #4

Back to Kearny Mesa, and one of the shops that had been closed Sunday. Today's pick was Gualberto's #4, and I already liked their California burrito's chances.

They were located in a more run-down type of strip mall, sort of the opposite of yesterday's experience. And the fact that they had such an odd name, as well as a mysterious "#4" made me think this one would be good. Sadly, they didn't live up to my expectations. It was just kind of bland, the carne asada seemed overcooked. Just not a good meal in general.

Yesterday and today proved to be exceptions to the strip-mall standard, as both of them were more the opposite of what I had expected. I could call the last 2 days "A Tale of Two Strip Malls." Actually, I think I just did.

No comments:

Post a Comment