Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Day 21- Rolberto's

Holy shit, California burritos are sooooooo good!!! I have some friends who expressed their concern that I might burn out on them, or get sick of them during B90X. It's sort of going the opposite direction- I can't get enough. In a previous post I said I might need a spotter to help me out, to make sure I go through with my daily burrito. I think at this point I'm more in need of a sponsor; sdomeone to make sure I don't replace all 3 meals with this ridiculously awesome delicacy.

Today I went with Rolberto's in Normal Heights and again suggested by local comedian Rene Lancaster. It was cheap, fast, and served from behind security bars. Now THAT is legit. I knew based on that alone that this place would have a great offering, and I was right. This California burrito is near the top of the list, right up there with Nico's. Delicious carne asada, crispy fries, cheese... the only thing wrong with it was they don't use sour cream or guac. Aside from that it was fucking amazing. Seriously, if angels existed, and they were able to have babies, I think this is what it might taste like to eat those babies. Because in all likelihood they'd be delicious. 5 stars, 2 thumbs up, and a Best in Show trophy.

No comments:

Post a Comment