Friday, May 13, 2011

Day 14: the two-week mark- Filiberto's

I suppose I could consider this the point of no return. Two straight weeks of a California burrito a day, with no real ill effects to speak of. No turning back now. Right off the bat I knew today would take some work though. I had a two hour window between getting off work and meeting my co-workers at Red Robin for a going away party. I would either have to squeeze the burrito in there (that's what she said) or wait until after. Not wanting to risk being too full or puking in my sleep (the feeling may be fading but the threat is still real) I opted for the former.


I headed to Filiberto's in Encinitas. Just grimy enough inside to let me know it's authentic, with fast service and great food. This would probably be among the best so far. Great carne asada, crispy fries, guac, cheese... the only thing missing on this stop was sour cream. Other than that it was pretty effing good. Definitely top 5 so far, maybe top 3. Not that I'm really keeping track that closely, but you know.

And what would Day 14 be without some crucial error on my part? Today's mistake is brought to you by poor planning and Red Robin. Let's just say that if you're making a list of what NOT to follow a California burrito with, chocolate shake would be right near the top of that list. I don't think I'll puke today, but it's possible I won't not puke. Figure that one out, grammar nerds.

No comments:

Post a Comment