Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Day 18- Villa del Mar

Today was the first day that I wasn't looking forward to my daily Cali burrito. For about an hour. And then I remembered how fucking delicious they are. Local comic Rene Lancaster suggested Villa del Mar in Normal Heights, so I cruised over there after work and before performing at Lestat's.

Delicious California burrito. Fast, cheap, and they make it with all the fixin's. I still have yet to find one as good as Nico's- and I think it's mainly because of the fries- but this one is really, really good. Like I said, no use in trying to rank them anymore. At this point it's like trying to rank favorite sexual positions- you're having sex. It's all good.

Poor thing... never stood a chance.

And I think it may be a good thing that I've got a break in the action coming up- Thursday I leave for a wedding in Mexico. I'll be gone for 4 days. I'm fairly certain that if I go anywhere there and ask for a California burrito, they will look at me and say "Que?" Should give me ample time to rebuild my craving and dive right back in when I return. I'm still going backwards on places to eat, too. Every time I hit up one taco shop, I literally get 2 or 3 more recommended to me. 90 days may not be enough...

No comments:

Post a Comment