Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Day 11- Rudy's

I went to Rudy's, another Solana Beach taco shop. It was kinda 'meh.' It was a good burrito, but it wasn’t great. Just good. Sort of like the Honda of the California burrito world. The carne asada was a little dry, and the composition was a little off. You’d get one bite of just meat, then a bite loaded with sour cream. And aside from fries those were the only 3 ingredients. Shouldn’t it have guac? Cheese? I think at this point I have metamorphosed into a California burrito snob. No, that sounds too pretentious. This is a dish that should be served to a certain standard. I'm more like a California burrito sommelier. Fuck it, who am I kidding? I'm not that classy.

My friends are starting to worry about my health. The recurring pukiness (new word, a bit more accurate than "nausea") is getting to me. Plus, there's no end in sight-I feel like I’m fighting a fucking Hydra. No sooner do I take down one taco shop, when 2 more are suggested to me in it's place. This battle will never end, so I might as well go out like a warrior. Come home with your plate, or on it.

I feel like I need some volunteers to help me out. Sort of like a spotter at the gym, or a coach, or wingman. If anyone wants to grab a burrito with me just holla. Still to be visited:

  • Don Carlos
  • Santanas (MXN)
  • roach coach at the landfill (which I strangely feel could be the best one)
  • Taco Fiesta
  • Fred’s
  • Sombrero's
  • a place off Washington in North Park that local underground comic Adam Wolpe is finding the name of for me.
  • El Azteca
  • Serrano's Super Salsa
  • Trujillo's
  • Lolita's

No comments:

Post a Comment