Saturday, May 14, 2011

Day 15- Juanita's

Working today, so I figured the easiest thing to do would be hit up a taco shop in North County. I had forgotten about Juanita's until my co-workers reminded me. It's a favorite among North County dwellers, and I've eaten there many times myself.

A tiny place up in Leucadia, I was pretty sure I could count on a good California burrito. And I was right. Served fast, decent size- not too overstuffed- and under $5. All good signs. From the first bite I knew this one would be near the top of the list. Great carne asada, cheese, sour cream, and really good fries. But after getting halfway in, the fries almost disappeared. That's about the only thing keeping this one from being just a step below Nico's. If they hadn't skimped on the fries you'd be hard pressed to find a better California burrito, especially in North County.

Definitely recommend Juanita's, probably top 5. Or top 6 maybe? Who am I kidding, I'm not keeping that close track of this stuff. I'm 15 days in, people, plus I have a real life to worry about. I have to go back and re-read this thing to remember which ones I liked. All I know for sure is that Nico's is the best, and El Portal is a pox on humanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment