Saturday, April 30, 2011

It begins... El Zarape

12 years in San Diego and I’ve never had a California burrito. 12 years, man!!! My friend and fellow stand-up comic Jiavani Linayao helped put an end to that. For my first ever California burrito, we went to El Zarape in University Heights, a well-known and revered taco shop. It was my first California burrito so I really had nothing to compare it to, but it was fucking spectacular. There’s fries in it! Whoever invented this should win the Nobel Prize.

From that moment on, from that first delicious bite, an addict was born.

Now I'm on a quest to make up for lost time. To try as many California burritos from as many different places as I can. I can envision no scenario in which this is healthy for me in any way. Why do I do something so clearly bad for me? Why do I do any of the retarded things I do- to impress Jodi Foster.

I didn't actually start this blog until Day 9. If I had known this adventure would turn into a mission, a program, I would have taken better notes. Not only on the quality of the burritos, but the price, the size, and the speed of service. What I do remember I will do my best to include.

El Zarape's take on the infamous classic was fucking amazing. This bodes well for my journey.

Here's the "before" pic (technically taken on Day 10) to help document my decent into a gastrointestinal downward spiral:


No comments:

Post a Comment